NATO - The Ukraine

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
greendragon

Re: NATO - The Ukraine

Unread post by greendragon »

Finally, America has returned to be called America. I follow the words of President Joe Biden who has once was heard saying that (not providing funds for a nation defending its independence) "..is not American way..".
Most welcomed move.
Sources say great number of arms supply has been already stocked in Poland and it would take just couple of weeks to have them delivered to front line UKR troops.
Good deal.
3/4 of all the US Representatives voted for approval of military aid also to Israel and Taiwan .
I must take my veteran buddy out from my feeling cellar thou he still blathering about defending the US boundaries (they had Mr Trump for four years before , and apparently did not exploit this for some satisfying them decision on immigrants) against central American "invader's" or lamenting that his taxes are not used for right purpose. Will try to brain wash him as he really need it.

gd
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Destroying Russian forces ‘makes us all safer’ say NATO

In a virtual session of the NATO-Ukraine Council chaired by NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg on 19 April 2024, NATO allies pledged to increase military support for Ukraine, focusing on urgent enhancements in air defence systems.
Attended by defence ministers and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, the session underscored NATO’s commitment to enhancing Ukraine’s defence capabilities.

During the meeting, President Zelenskyy detailed Ukraine’s pressing military needs. Secretary General Stoltenberg announced that allies had agreed to provide further support, notably including additional air defences. “NATO has mapped out existing capabilities across the Alliance and there are systems that could be made available to Ukraine,” Stoltenberg noted, indicating imminent announcements regarding new air defence capacities for Ukraine.

The talks extended to Ukraine’s requirements for more artillery shells, deep precision strike capabilities, and drones. Notable contributions have come from Germany with an additional Patriot system, the Netherlands with an additional €4 billion in military support, Czechia’s ammunition initiative, and new pledges from Denmark and Norway.

Stoltenberg emphasised the strategic impact of NATO’s support, stating, “Ukraine is using the weapons we provide to destroy Russian combat capabilities. This makes us all safer. So support to Ukraine is not charity. It is an investment in our security.”

Source UKDJ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:29 pm
Pelican wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:21 pm OSINTdefender
A Ukrainian R-360 “Neptune” Anti-Ship Strike today on the Port City of Sevastopol in Russian-Occupied Crimea has reportedly caused Damage to and a Fire onboard the Kommuna, a Submarine Salvage Ship with the Russian Black Sea’s Fleet that has been in Service since 1915; Russian Officials have claimed that the Missile was Shot Down by Air Defenses, with the Fire being caused by Fallen Debris that was Quickly Extinguished.
Navy Lookout reposted
H I Sutton@CovertShores
Ukrainian strike on Russian Navy base at Sevastopol in Crimea appears to have damaged, possibly seriously (TBC), the submarine support ship Kommuna.
See http://www.hisutton.com/Russian-Navy-Kommuna.html
Droxford Maritime
Kommuna attack likely an attempt to limit BSF submarine operations & disrupt sub-launched Kalibr missile firing operations.
No DSRV support & limited UW rescue capability obliges Russia to conduct submarine operations "at risk".
Disrupts BSF submarine training/certification.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

greendragon wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:01 am Finally, America has returned to be called America. I follow the words of President Joe Biden who has once was heard saying that (not providing funds for a nation defending its independence) "..is not American way..".
Most welcomed move.
Sources say great number of arms supply has been already stocked in Poland and it would take just couple of weeks to have them delivered to front line UKR troops.
Good deal.
3/4 of all the US Representatives voted for approval of military aid also to Israel and Taiwan .
I must take my veteran buddy out from my feeling cellar thou he still blathering about defending the US boundaries (they had Mr Trump for four years before , and apparently did not exploit this for some satisfying them decision on immigrants) against central American "invader's" or lamenting that his taxes are not used for right purpose. Will try to brain wash him as he really need it.

gd
The first battle damaged Patriot missile system from Ukraine arrived at Harrisburg, PA (KMDT) on April 5th.
Anotonov AN-124 #508015 as ADB3748 flew direct from Rzeszow, Poland.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

OSINTdefender
The Pentagon announced recently that the United States is considering the Deployment of additional Military Advisors to the U.S. Embassy in the Ukrainian Capital of Kyiv, as it appears that the Russian Armed Forces are in Final Preparations for another Major Offensive in the East; according to Pentagon Press Secretary Major General Patrick Ryder, the Advisors would not act in a Combat Role but instead assist the Ukrainian Armed Forces with Logistical Planning while also Overseeing the use of U.S. Military Equipment within Ukraine.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/2 ... e-00153499
greendragon

Unread post by greendragon »

PM Rishi Sunak and the NATO Sec Gen Stoltenberg are due to meet PL PM Tusk in Poland.
We may expect all three of them would agree on more military aid to Ukraine.
Alas, in short statement the PL Foreign Minister Mr Sikorski was skeptical - or even pessimistic - after the latest EU meeting aimed at plans of supporting Ukraine . There were no facts and figures from the EU countries participants, so still lack of radical moves.

gd
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

greendragon wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:00 am PM Rishi Sunak and the NATO Sec Gen Stoltenberg are due to meet PL PM Tusk in Poland.
We may expect all three of them would agree on more military aid to Ukraine.
Alas, in short statement the PL Foreign Minister Mr Sikorski was skeptical - or even pessimistic - after the latest EU meeting aimed at plans of supporting Ukraine . There were no facts and figures from the EU countries participants, so still lack of radical moves.

gd
Britain to announce its largest ever aid package to Ukraine

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak will announce the largest-ever military aid package to Ukraine from the UK on his visit to Poland today.
He is expected to announce a £500m boost for Ukraine and largest-ever provision of vital munitions, including some 400 vehicles, 1,600 munitions and 4 million rounds of ammunition

Continues https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/britain ... o-ukraine/

UK promises Ukraine ‘hundreds of thousands more’ shells

The UK Government has pledged ‘hundreds of thousands more’ artillery shells in the coming year.
This assurance is part of the UK’s broader engagement in international efforts to bolster Ukraine’s defences against Russian aggression.

Continues https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/uk-prom ... re-shells/

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/pm-t ... -to-poland
Last edited by Pelican on Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

H I Sutton @CovertShores
Added high altitude balloon bomber to my Ukraine long range drone guide.
Balloons are very hard (and expensive) to shoot down.
Expect ever more sophisticated types.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:27 pm H I Sutton @CovertShores
Added high altitude balloon bomber to my Ukraine long range drone guide.
Balloons are very hard (and expensive) to shoot down.
Expect ever more sophisticated types.
DanielR
Strategic bombing from balloons? Ukraine is using low-cost balloon technology combined with modern electronics to bomb Russia.
A few of these balloons crashed thus providing a better look.
Note that the following photos are a mix from different crashes.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”