NATO - The Ukraine

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: NATO - The Ukraine

Unread post by Pelican »

Laser Rocket Anti-Drone Systems Being Rushed To U.S. Forces In The Middle East

The Navy put in an order for new Electronic Advanced Ground Launcher System just ahead of Iran’s missile and drone strikes on Israel.

The U.S. Navy recently put in a rush order for new counter-drone systems that use laser-guided 70mm rockets as their effectors to help defend American forces in the Middle East. The Electronic Advanced Ground Launcher System (EAGLS) is very similar in form and function to U.S.-supplied VAMPIREs that Ukrainians are now using in combat. The purchase of the EAGLS came just days ahead of Iran's unprecedented missile and drone strikes on Israel, which have only added to long-standing concerns about uncrewed aerial and other threats to U.S. forces in the region.

Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) announced on April 12 that it had awarded a firm-fixed-price contract with a not-to-exceed value of $24,186,464 to MSI Defense Solutions for the purchase of five EAGLS Counter-Unmanned Aerial Systems (C-UAS). This sole-source deal also includes various ancillary items and training support.

EAGLS uses laser-guided 70mm Advanced Precision Killer Weapon System II (APKWS II) rockets, as seen in the video below, to knock down drones.

Continues https://www.twz.com/land/laser-rocket-a ... iddle-east
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

UK affirms support to Black Sea security

Attending the Black Sea Security Conference in Sofia alongside allies and partners, Minto represented the UK – a leading partner for Ukraine and other Black Sea states.
The conference was convened to promote cooperation and military capacity building in the face of Russia’s continued threat to stability in the Black Sea region.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/uk-affi ... -security/
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Intelschizo reposted
John Ridge
An absolutely seismic shift, the Admin has endorsed Speaker Johnson's foreign aid package.
With House Democrat support, this clears the way to a Saturday evening House vote and a Senate vote early next week.
Aid to Ukraine should resume late next week:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... plemental/
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Ukraine Russia war: US House passes crucial Ukrainian aid deal worth $61bn.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68848277
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

OSINTdefender
A Ukrainian R-360 “Neptune” Anti-Ship Strike today on the Port City of Sevastopol in Russian-Occupied Crimea has reportedly caused Damage to and a Fire onboard the Kommuna, a Submarine Salvage Ship with the Russian Black Sea’s Fleet that has been in Service since 1915; Russian Officials have claimed that the Missile was Shot Down by Air Defenses, with the Fire being caused by Fallen Debris that was Quickly Extinguished.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:21 pm OSINTdefender
A Ukrainian R-360 “Neptune” Anti-Ship Strike today on the Port City of Sevastopol in Russian-Occupied Crimea has reportedly caused Damage to and a Fire onboard the Kommuna, a Submarine Salvage Ship with the Russian Black Sea’s Fleet that has been in Service since 1915; Russian Officials have claimed that the Missile was Shot Down by Air Defenses, with the Fire being caused by Fallen Debris that was Quickly Extinguished.
Navy Lookout reposted
H I Sutton@CovertShores
Ukrainian strike on Russian Navy base at Sevastopol in Crimea appears to have damaged, possibly seriously (TBC), the submarine support ship Kommuna.
See http://www.hisutton.com/Russian-Navy-Kommuna.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”