New Ships for the Polish Navy

Add your posts about the Polish Navy in this section
Pelican

New Ships for the Polish Navy

Unread post by Pelican »

Another UK warship export success - great news for Babcock and UK supply chain.

The Polish Navy has selected the Arrowhead-140 design for the Swordfish frigate programme. 3 ships to be built in Polish shipyards with Babcock's support.

British company Babcock wins Polish frigate competition

British firm Babcock has won the Polish frigate competition. Poland has chosen the Type 31 Frigate design, known as ‘Arrowhead 140’, for their future frigate class.

The Type 31 frigate was designed by Babcock International and is also marketed under the name Arrowhead 140. The Babcock design is based on the hull of the Iver Huitfeldt-class frigate but with significant modifications and changes to suit British requirements.

Note from the following article:
The Rosyth built Type 31 Frigates are to be named HMS Venturer, HMS Bulldog, HMS Campbeltown, HMS Formidable and HMS Active. The class will be known as the ‘Inspiration’ class.

See - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/british ... FfLzqFlvDQ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
greendragon

Re: New Ships for the Polish Navy

Unread post by greendragon »

Good news indeed !
Mr Pelikan has been faster than me in haralding this information.
I am sure the frigattes wll be as goood as two destroyers built before WW2 in Samuel White shipyard.

gd
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Latest visualisation of Arrowhead-140 / Type 31 derivative for the Polish Navy’s Swordfish frigate programme Miecznik

Armed with
16 x RBS Mk3/4 AShM
24 x Sea Ceptor SAM
1 x OTO Melara 76mm Gun
2 x OSU-35K 35mm Cannons

See also- https://twitter.com/PGZ_pl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Polish Navy, Gawron Class Multi-purpose Corvette ORP Ślązak. The Gawron Class was a variant of the MEKO A-100 project developed by Blohm & Voss Shipyards in Germany. Construction of the first ship of the class started in 2001. The project was terminated in February 2012, but in October 2013 a contract was signed to complete the existing hull as a Patrol Ship by 2016. On July 2nd 2015, ORP Ślązak was christened and launched, and on November 28th 2019 was officially commissioned into the Polish Navy.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Polısɦ Navƴ cɦooses Arrowɦead 140 desıgn for new frıgates

LONDON — Brıtaın ɦas furtɦer strengtɦened ıts defense ındustrıal tıes wıtɦ Poland followıng tɦe Marcɦ 4 announcement tɦat Babcock Internatıonal’s Arrowɦead 140 sɦıp desıgn was selected to equıp tɦe Polısɦ Navƴ wıtɦ a new class of frıgates.

Tɦe London-based companƴ said ıt concluded a serıes of strategıc cooperatıon partnerıng agreements wıtɦ tɦe PGZ-Mıecznık consortıum responsıble for delıverıng tɦree frıgates from sɦıpƴards ın tɦe Polısɦ port cıtƴ Gdƴnıa.

See - https://tv.allplaynews.com/polish-navy- ... ryDecoding
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Babcock has been formally awarded two further contracts relating to Poland’s MIECZNIK (Swordfish)Arrowhead-140 frigate programme - The Class Design Contract and the Transfer of Knowledge & Skills (TOKAT) to Polish shipyards.

See - https://twitter.com/NavyLookout/status/ ... 1231403012
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Polish Navy”