NATO - The Ukraine

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: NATO - The Ukraine

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Russia’s Only Pump-Jet Kilo Class Submarine Is Back To Attack Ukraine

After an eventful career, the sole pump-jet-driven Kilo class submarine is likely about to embark on combat operations against Ukraine.

Detailed report at - https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/r ... jphrPUAH2k
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

SNAKE ISLAND

Russian forces have been forced to withdraw from Snake Island in the Black Sea. Repeated attacks by Ukraine have made the island untenable and sunk vessels attempting to supply weapons to the garrison.

The taking back of Snake Island
Chris Partridge BBC News

Russia’s claim to have retreated from Snake Island as a “goodwill gesture” will be seen by many as highly surprising. It’s clearly come under heavy bombardment from Ukraine’s missiles and artillery.
Satellite imagery from yesterday showed plumes of smoke, indicating some sort of assault, which likely continued afterwards.
Snake Island has come under frequent attack by Ukraine, wanting to destroy Russian surface-to-air missile (SAM) systems installed there.
See - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-61987663
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

"A few thoughts in the light of the latest news from the Black Sea Theater. Few people know that the Soviet/Russian military command has always positioned the Crimean Peninsula as its ”unsinkable aircraft carrier" in the Black Sea."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greendragon

Unread post by greendragon »

The Russian aggression against Ukraine gave a kick start to Poland in arming itself in sort of accelerated way.
Poland purchase a lot of armament some of them also bulit in Poland.
PZL Swidnik (name of the location) has been for long time part of the Leonardo Group and make components for the AW helicopters like tail sections.

Poland has signed a contract on delivery (first ones in coming year) of 32ea of AW 149 utility helicopters.
They will be also armed as an option.
Already a contract on purchasing four A101s has been signed and delivery is due to be in coming year.
First 101 has started tests in Yeovilton last year, but delivery of all of them will be NLT until 2023 due to problems with the delivery of components caused by the last year pandemy.

gd
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

TODAY'S INTEL. UPDATE
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

The US supplying Ukraine

[The Russian-built helicopters are ironically being supplied by the US in response to Moscow's invasion of Ukraine.]

In April, US President Jo Biden announced his approval of an $800m (£610m) security package to Ukraine.

That package would dramatically expand the scope of military aid the US was supplying to Kyiv.

Among the artillery systems, artillery rounds and armoured personnel carriers in the package, Biden "approved the transfer of additional helicopters" – the Mi-17s would come at a crucial time for Ukraine's outgunned and outmanned military.

President Biden agreed to send artillery and helicopters to Ukraine after Ukrainian President Zelensky called for support.

He approved the $800m (£610m) in military assistance for Ukraine, which included artillery and helicopters, to bolster its defences against a Russian offensive in the country's east.

See - https://www.forces.net/technology/aircr ... 7uK4ue7YFU
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

TODAY'S INTEL. UPDATE
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. sending Ukraine two surface-to-air missile systems -Pentagon

WASHINGTON, July 1 (Reuters) - The United States is sending Ukraine two NASAMS surface-to-air missile systems, four additional counter-artillery radars and up to 150,000 rounds of 155mm artillery ammunition as part of its latest weapons packages for Ukraine, the Pentagon said on Friday.

See - https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/us ... UPUZTJZN3I
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

greendragon wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:13 pm The Russian aggression against Ukraine gave a kick start to Poland in arming itself in sort of accelerated way.
Poland purchase a lot of armament some of them also bulit in Poland.
PZL Swidnik (name of the location) has been for long time part of the Leonardo Group and make components for the AW helicopters like tail sections.

Poland has signed a contract on delivery (first ones in coming year) of 32ea of AW 149 utility helicopters.
They will be also armed as an option.
Already a contract on purchasing four A101s has been signed and delivery is due to be in coming year.
First 101 has started tests in Yeovilton last year, but delivery of all of them will be NLT until 2023 due to problems with the delivery of components caused by the last year pandemy.

gd
Poland Places Order for 32 Leonardo AW149s

Leonardo unit PZL-Świdnik has received an order for 32 AW149 helicopters from the Polish Ministry of Defense. The multi-role helicopters will be assembled by PZL-Świdnik in Poland for delivery between 2023 and 2029. Including logistics, training, and simulators, the deal is valued at $1.84 billion.

Poland's helicopters will be kitted for missions such as casualty evacuation, search-and-rescue in combat operations, and the transport of goods and supplies. Installed equipment will include observation systems, small arms, guided/unguided rockets and missiles, and self-defense systems. Weapons can be installed in the cabin or on the helicopter's external hard points.

“The contract signed today is a continuation of the fulfillment of our promises to Poland regarding Leonardo's commitment to the development of the local helicopter plants and the Polish supply chain to the benefit of Polish industry,” said Leonardo CEO Alessandro Profumo. “By strengthening our position in the strategic Polish market as a supplier of modern defense technology, we are proud to contribute to the constant increase of the security of the Polish nation, and to strengthen the industrial capabilities which are fundamental to the country's resilience and sovereignty."

Source - AIN ONLINE
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Naval Developments and Joint Service Exercises”