Overall - General

Add your posts about the Chinese Navy (PLAN) in this section
Pelican

Re: Overall - General

Unread post by Pelican »

Photos show China has fielded another semi-submersible transport ship

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2022/ ... yN8DdRgmIA
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

China’s ‘Revolutionary Design’ – PLA Navy Launched World’s 1st A.I-Powered Drone Carrier With Stunning Capabilities

China launched an unmanned ship, named Zhu Hai Yun, on May 18 that can be controlled remotely and navigate autonomously in open water and carry dozens of drones, submersibles, and other vessels for conducting ocean research, according to state-run Science and Technology Daily.

The ship is 88.5 meters long, 14 meters wide, and 6.1 meters deep, with a designed displacement of 2,000 tonnes. It can sail at 13 knots (24 km per hour), with a top speed of 18 knots (33 km per hour).

The expansive deck of the ship can carry dozens of unmanned vehicles, including drones, unmanned ships, and submersibles which are all part of the vessel’s Intelligent Mobile Ocean Stereo Observing System (IMOSOS) developed by the Southern Marine Science and Engineering Guangdong Laboratory (Zhuhai).

The system is said to be the world’s first and according to Science and Technology Daily, it could be used for marine environment monitoring, marine disaster prevention and mitigation, offshore wind farm maintenance, and providing accurate marine information.

Continues, including info and photos of other navies and system, at:
https://eurasiantimes.com/china-pla-nav ... e-carrier/

Link from Tim.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Chinese Aircraft Carrier Seen With A Fleet Of Drones On Its Deck

Imagery shows the Chinese aircraft carrier Shandong working as a deployment platform for vertical takeoff and landing drones.

See - https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/c ... M70Ab1RVJ4
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Chinese first 200 ton class Unmanned Surface Vessel begins sea trials

See - https://www.navyrecognition.com/index.p ... 6wJerAsZrI
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

China Launches “Mother Ship” — First Semi-Autonomous Drone Carrier

China has launched a semi-autonomous unmanned research vessel designed to serve as a “mother ship” for more than 50 unmanned aircraft, surface vessels, and submersible drones.

The 290-foot Zhu Hai Yun is intended to deploy unmanned devices en masse for a 3D, networked observation system, above and below the surface – an “Intelligent and Agile Ocean Stereoscopic Observation System” covering an area about 50 nm in diameter.

Beijing has officially described it as a maritime research tool, but some experts have said the ship has the potential to be used as a military vessel.

“The most immediate benefit to China is likely data collection,” Matthew Funaiole, senior fellow of China Power Project at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, told Insider.China has launched a semi-autonomous unmanned research vessel designed to serve as a “mother ship” for more than 50 unmanned aircraft, surface vessels, and submersible drones.

The 290-foot Zhu Hai Yun is intended to deploy unmanned devices en masse for a 3D, networked observation system, above and below the surface – an “Intelligent and Agile Ocean Stereoscopic Observation System” covering an area about 50 nm in diameter.

Beijing has officially described it as a maritime research tool, but some experts have said the ship has the potential to be used as a military vessel.

“The most immediate benefit to China is likely data collection,” Matthew Funaiole, senior fellow of China Power Project at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, told Insider.China has launched a semi-autonomous unmanned research vessel designed to serve as a “mother ship” for more than 50 unmanned aircraft, surface vessels, and submersible drones.

“The most immediate benefit to China is likely data collection,” Matthew Funaiole, senior fellow of China Power Project at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, told Insider.

China has launched a semi-autonomous unmanned research vessel designed to serve as a “mother ship” for more than 50 unmanned aircraft, surface vessels, and submersible drones.

“The most immediate benefit to China is likely data collection,” Matthew Funaiole, senior fellow of China Power Project at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, told Insider.

Continues, including photos and video, at - http://www.oldsaltblog.com/2022/06/chin ... more-59331
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Deflating China’s 3rd Aircraft Carrier, US Names PLA Navy’s ‘Most Dangerous’ Warships That Pose Greater Threat To US & Allies

While China’s newly unveiled third aircraft carrier represents the country’s expanding naval might, a recent CNN report outlines other Chinese naval vessels that represent a more significant threat to the US and its regional allies.

Chinese H-6 Bombers, Loaded With Powerful YJ-12 Missiles, ‘Cloud’ Japan As Beijing Demonstrates Navy-Airforce Compatibility
With the recent launch of its third and most technologically advanced aircraft carrier, China has drawn considerable attention in the global arena.

The aircraft carrier, “Fujian,” is the country’s first catapult aircraft carrier that was designed and constructed domestically. Its electromagnetic catapult-assisted launch technology significantly improves Liaoning and Shandong’s two predecessors’ less sophisticated ski jump-style launch systems.

The new technology, comparable to those used by US aircraft carriers, will enable China to launch a broader range of aircraft from Fujian, faster and with more ammunition. In addition to the launch mechanism, the Fujian is outfitted with blocking devices and has a full-load displacement of more than 80,000 tons.

Although this aircraft carrier appears to be a clear signal to Beijing’s adversaries, other Chinese Naval ships pose a more significant threat to the United States and its allies in the Indo-Pacific, CNN said on Sunday (June 26).

Continues at - https://eurasiantimes.com/deflating-chi ... ships/?amp

Link from Tim.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

FROM NAVY LOOKOUT

Special purpose (AKA up to no good) submarine RFS Belgorod commissioned into Russian Navy after 10yr construction today.
‘Mother’ to Losharik midget submarine used for covert seabed operations.
Also adapted to launch giant KANYON long-range nuclear powered and armed torpedoes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Photoshop Alert! China Displays A ‘Detachable’ Ski-Jump Ramp For Its Type 075 LHD — Can It Be Real?

A recent photo on social media showing China’s Type 075 Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) having a long-curved ski jump has got observers scratching their heads. The picture shows the LHD at a port pier/jetty with an officer of the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) standing on it and appearing to speak before a television news crew.

See - https://eurasiantimes.com/photoshop-ale ... jump-ramp/

Link from Tim.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Chinese Type 039C submarine secretly entered service

According to information published by Louis Cheung on July 19, 2022, the Chinese Navy's official account posted a picture that proves that the type 039C submarine has entered service.According to information published by Louis Cheung on July 19, 2022, the Chinese Navy's official account posted a picture that proves that the type 039C submarine has entered service.

See - https://www.navyrecognition.com/index.p ... rvice.html
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

China’s Nuclear Powered Super Long-Range Torpedo Concept Fits Concerning Pattern

The torpedoes would be powered by disposable nuclear reactors, which would be dumped on the sea floor, and could travel over 6,000 miles.

See - https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/c ... MguWAUPpbE
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Chinese Navy (PLAN)”