Come on lads !

Post anything about Marine Engineering on this thread
Pelican

Re: Come on lads !

Unread post by Pelican »

oldsalt wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:17 am My birthdate is 30 th Nov. 1932. When I first met my wife , my chat up line (which she reckons is the worst she ever heard) was - My birthday is the same as Winston Churchill's & on St Andrew's Day. She never lets me forget it! :lol: :lol: :o
O.S. touche.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
oldsalt

Unread post by oldsalt »

Am I the last foot on the boiler room plates?
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Its looking that way mate .........I was only ever " onerary ". :oops: whilst in the Wardroom many moons ago ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
oldsalt

Unread post by oldsalt »

I am still alive. In agony waiting, till never, for a new left hip. Can't get it done privately because I have poorly kidneys so I need a hospital with ICU attached. So I'm stuck with our world beating NHS, what a joke. I have a morphine patch, it's a race between hip replacement, morphine addiction or death. Iwill be 90 in November, well past my "best before date". Yet it seems like yesterday since I stepped through the gate of "Royal Arthur". There must be a dwindling number now of this web membership. I will try to contribute for as long as I can.
ivorthediver

I been there, got the Tea shirt , know exactly what you mean , as well as the reluctance by Surgeons to get off their collective arse and commit themselves .
Both Karen and I am in the same boat as you , ....me with spinal issues Awaiting operations , and karen awaiting a replacement hip, both told its Urgent , both told that we are top of their respective lists , both been awaiting operations since last October .

On the brighter side my Cataract op is on Monday the 16th unless thats canceled again :evil:

Cheer up thou , if Putin gets his way our proposed operations might not need carrying out :oops:
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Avast ye prophet of doom Diver.

All is not lost when you awake each day despite the Self Praising of our Apothecary Regime who constantly remind us of the pressure they are under . Still they continue to blame Covid for everything . There are other countries in this world without the benefit of an NHS and they have delivered whereas our lot revel in the praise that was heaped on them in the Pandemic and now Talk the Talk but fail to walk the walk .

We are constantly told you have a "Nominated GP" but nobody told the Rotweiller Receptionists [with no medical quals] who won't put you thru or make an appointment without first carrying out their assessment of whether your reason for wanting to see a Doctor is valid in their "opinion" . It is no wonder the A&E Depts are under constant pressure when they seem to be , along with the Ambulance Service , the only ones earning their crust in the Beauocratic System we call a Health Service .

Good luck to you all with hope it will all come right very soon .

Take care and stay safe

DaveH
ivorthediver

Thank you dear Friend , no doubt your list is longer than ours , but the "System" seems to be throughout our ..er ..Nation .. :roll:

Having said that my pending eye op is now down for week Monday 16th , unless its cancelled yet again :evil:which I was told was urgent last year !

Poor Karen puts on a brave face but I know she is in a great deal of pain and the last " lottery" clone claimed that her operation was very urgent and will be done very quickly [.......that was about 3 weeks ago ] yes I know but when you are grinding bone to bone sine last October its no joke and you rapidly lose faith in what is said to you

....still its our own fault we should have crossed the channel in a rubber boat then we would have no worries and go right to the front of the Que.

Still we are now looking forward to the prospect of :idea: an exciting new adventure called "Benefits " which will pay all our bills, run our Car ,and entitle us to a Wonderfull new world of luxury ......yea right ......just keep your promises and allow us to enjoy the service we have paid for already ....all our working lives
Then with all our spare cash we can help all the charities we are bombarded with from all over the world ...me bitter ....never
oldsalt

Unread post by oldsalt »

Thanks for all your comments, it helps to realise there are others in the same boat. When I feel like S..T I think back to those days of yore & think myself lucky to have had such an exciting life. I've even been to Timbucto, know where it is but not sure of the spelling!
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

B.R. 666
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Stokers Thread”