Items of Interest to all Sections of the Branch

Post anything relating to Communications on this thread
Pelican

Re: Items of Interest to all Sections of the Branch

Unread post by Pelican »

1980 PROMOTIONS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

From Garry Sloan @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/1560797207324539
Are any of you still about?
L …Taft Greatrex….M. Jock Sloan..R..Eddie Allen
Photo taken RNB Portsmouth
Date Late 1957.
Would be great to hear from you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

From Stuart Atkinson
Hi I was contacted by a person who lives in Carlisle his father was an RO onboard Atlantic Conveyor during the Falklands. He was supposed to have joining Sheffield on its return to Portsmouth prior to the Falklands but that did not happen. His name was Duncan Borrill, does anybody know him or have any dits i can pass on. Thanks in advance
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

FYA
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

GANGES 1959 NEWLY PASSED OUT CLASS OF BUNTINGS

Can anyone provide any info please?
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Update on photo above, my partner in crime for Ganges Museum Museum photos has now received the following:

JTO Malcolm Phipps.
Dated joined HMS Ganges - 10th June 1958
Recruitment No. P/J 979447
Blake Division (8 Mess) - 235 class
Instructor: Chief Yeoman Andresen
Some of the class mates: Baz Claridge, Ernie Clanfield, John Laight, Peter Stapley, Jock Sked, Taz Sutton, Jock Meldrum.

Also from the Shotley Mag.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Not only multi national but multi tasking by the Comms Branch [Whats left of them]

See - https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=39 ... 5566036187
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

ANOTHER ONE FOR THE FLAG LOCKER

To celebrate the contribution of LGBTQ sailors and Officers, we are proud to fly the Progress Pride flag.

See - https://twitter.com/HMSCambria/status/1 ... 45/photo/1
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

May I call your attention to the following Ladies and Gents

Royal Naval Association · Robert Smith ·
I have been given these medals and would like to pass them onto the shipmates family, former Radio Supervisor, if anyone recognises the name please message me, it is also believed that he was in the Masons but not sure which province.

John Potter There was a Melville in 392 sparkers class, Frobisher 36, HMS Ganges 11 recruitment 1958, and this official number is that era. Might be worth posting this, or checking, on Ganges FB page.

Peter Latham recipient has GSM Borneo and Malay Peninsula,( like me) this means eligiable for P.J.M. from Malaysia.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:50 pm May I call your attention to the following Ladies and Gents

Royal Naval Association · Robert Smith ·
I have been given these medals and would like to pass them onto the shipmates family, former Radio Supervisor, if anyone recognises the name please message me, it is also believed that he was in the Masons but not sure which province.

John Potter There was a Melville in 392 sparkers class, Frobisher 36, HMS Ganges 11 recruitment 1958, and this official number is that era. Might be worth posting this, or checking, on Ganges FB page.

Peter Latham recipient has GSM Borneo and Malay Peninsula,( like me) this means eligiable for P.J.M. from Malaysia.
Please pass this link on to anyone you think can help, thank you - https://pbase.com/hms_ganges_museum/image/172797468
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Communications”