Destroyers: Type 055

Add your posts about the Chinese Navy (PLAN) in this section
designeraccd

Re: Destroyers: Type 055

Unread post by designeraccd »

A busy chicomm yard: 8th Type 055............ OTOH, U$N keeps plopping out the TRANSFORMATIONAL PO$ LC$s! :( DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

CHINESE NAVY TYPE 055

Type 055 destroyer (Hull No. 106) was officially commissioned. Total five Type 055 destroyers have been unveiled so far.

Photos at - https://twitter.com/louischeung_hk/stat ... 7982804995
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

China Shows New Hypersonic Missile On Type-055 Cruiser For First Time

Flag China The Chinese Navy, formally known as the PLAN (People’s Liberation Army Navy), has been showing off its maturing capabilities. A video released today and shared on social media shows a new missile being launched from a Type-055 Renhai Class cruiser.

The new missile appears to be the hypersonic YJ-21 anti-ship ballistic missile (ASBM). It makes Chinese Navy cruisers arguably the most heavily armed surface combatants in the world.

See - http://www.hisutton.com/Chinese-Hyperso ... YJ-21.html
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Take a look at China's biggest destroyer, a $920 million cruiser that's said to be the 2nd most powerful in the world after the USS Zumwalt

China has the world's largest navy in terms of total number of vessels. The Type 055 is the biggest destroyer class in China's People's Liberation Army Navy.

See - https://www.businessinsider.com/china-l ... alt-2022-6

Link from Tim.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:50 pm Take a look at China's biggest destroyer, a $920 million cruiser that's said to be the 2nd most powerful in the world after the USS Zumwalt

China has the world's largest navy in terms of total number of vessels. The Type 055 is the biggest destroyer class in China's People's Liberation Army Navy.

See - https://www.businessinsider.com/china-l ... alt-2022-6

Also - https://news.yahoo.com/look-chinas-bigg ... 56052.html

Links from Tim.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Preview: Re: Destroyers: Type 055
Our Most Detailed Look Yet At China’s Type 055 Super Destroyer

China’s Type 055 destroyers, one of which is seen in great detail in these photos, are a symbol of Beijing’s drive to modernize its fleet.

A series of relatively high-resolution and close-up images of the Chinese People's Liberation Army Navy's Type 055 destroyer Nanchang, which has the hull number 101, have appeared online. The pictures offer an unusually detailed top-down look at the armament, defensive systems, and other features of the warship, which is China's most modern and capable surface combatant. At least two Type 055s are now reportedly moving into position to take part in a series of drills aimed at Taiwan in response to U.S. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's recent visit to the island, where their capabilities could be put on full display.

The images in question all appear to be screenshots from a segment broadcast on a Chinese-language television station, which were then posted online via the country's microblogging website Weibo. The lower thirds in all of the shots include the years "1927" and "2022." This strongly suggests that this was part of a broadcast on or about August 1 marking this year's China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) Day, also referred to simply as Army Day. The PLA traces its founding to the Nanchang Uprising, which took place on Aug. 1, 1927.

Continues, including the photos, at - https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/o ... -destroyer

Link from Tim.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Two new Chinese Type 055 destroyers soon ready to patrol near Alaska

According to information published by Global Times on August 22, 2022, two of China's newly commissioned Type 055 10,000 ton-class large destroyers, the Anshan and the Wuxi, recently carried out a series of drills involving a wide variety of training objectives.

Prompting analysts to suggest that the powerful warships are expected to achieve proper combat capability by the end of the year and join their sister ships in island chain-breaking far sea operations near Japan and patrolling near Alaska.

A vessel training center affiliated with the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) Northern Theater Command Navy recently organized a warship flotilla consisting of the Anshan, Wuxi and Baotou to conduct a series of maritime exercises under complex weather conditions for several consecutive days.

The drills featured dozens of training objectives, including maneuvering in formation, formation change, live-fire main gun shooting at both daytime and nighttime against targets at sea and on land, joint air defense, anti-submarine warfare, reconnaissance and counter-reconnaissance, torpedo defense as well as joint search and rescue in coordination with vessel-based helicopters, according to the press release.

The exercises are designed to simulate real battlefield environments, and the training objectives are intended to be difficult, dangerous and complicated, so that the individual warships and the flotilla as a whole can improve, the PLA Navy said.

Both the Anshan and Wuxi are Type 055 large destroyers. This ship class has a displacement of more than 12,000 tons, is equipped with 112-cell missile vertical launch units and is endowed with the capability to gain strong situational awareness, making it one of the most powerful warships in the world, analysts said.

The Baotou, on the other hand, is a Type 052D destroyer, a PLA Navy utility destroyer considered to be comparable to the US' Arleigh Burke-class destroyer.

Continues at - https://www.navyrecognition.com/index.p ... QFStKoGTX0
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Chinese Navy Type-055 Destroyer, (NATO classification,Renhai Class Cruiser) VLS includes Cold launch and Hot Launch missile systems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

The Chinese navy aspires to high standards - bulkhead decoration on PLAN Type 055 destroyer Nanchang.

See - https://twitter.com/NavyLookout/status/ ... 2573536257
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Chinese Navy (PLAN)”