RN Aircraft Carriers: Queen Elizabeth Class

Add your posts about Royal Navy ships in this section
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Now we can say we have an AIRCRAFT Carrier back in the game .

It will be interesting to see if we can develop a viable Carrier Group all same as the USN .
Pelican

Re: RN Aircraft Carriers: Queen Elizabeth Class

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS PRINCE OF WALES TURNS SHAFTS FOR THE FIRST TIME

"The basin for a bit bubbly this week as we turned our shafts for the first time. 40 Rpm was enough to put 6 knots of thrust through the propellers although as one was astern and one forward we didn't go anywhere...yet"
From - https://twitter.com/HMSPWLS/status/1163715376858972160
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:33 pm QEC AFT ISLAND BADGES
QEs badge represents the re-unification of England in the merging of the houses of Lancaster and York in the half red and half white roses, the merging of spiritual and temporal beliefs in the country after the Wars of the Roses in the half white (spiritual) half green (temporal) background under the royal Tudor Crown of Queen Elizabeth 1st of England and Ireland.
PoWs badge has been extracted from her Naval Crest of The first Prince of Wales, It shows the 3 Ostrich feathers of the insignia of the PoW and the motto ‘Ich Dien’ German for ‘I Serve’.
Close up of Pow's badge [and various video cameras etc.].
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

P.o.W.

HMSPWLS HMS Prince of Wales in Rosyth with Fife and the Ochils in the background.
"I thought it fitting that someone called POW took this photo!
Image taken from top of the Forth Road Bridge, many thanks Transcotland"
See details of John Pow at - https://twitter.com/Johnpow1
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Queen Elizabeth on Twitter

A hint about Westlant19?
Today and tomorrow will see sailors and marines leave family homes where most will not return for months.
You won't notice them, no fanfare or outpouring of emotion will attract your attention.
It is what it is, and we do what we do.
[Greenie Clankies?]
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

Westlant 19;
So it's gonna be:- '#BigLiz', #BreathingFire & #MayTheForceBeWithYou: - (Wonder if there are any others in the offing)

RFA Tideforce on Twitter
@RFATideforce
2h2 hours ago

Isn’t Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 just incredible? Last stop for us before we head off on the #WESTLANT19 Deployment with @HMSQNLZ
Little h
Little h

Little h wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:57 pm Westlant 19;
So it's gonna be:- '#BigLiz', #BreathingFire & #MayTheForceBeWithYou: - (Wonder if there are any others in the offing)

RFA Tideforce on Twitter
@RFATideforce
2h2 hours ago

Isn’t Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 just incredible? Last stop for us before we head off on the #WESTLANT19 Deployment with @HMSQNLZ
Re my: (Wonder if there are any others in the offing) .... here we go:-

NavyLookout on Twitter
@NavyLookout
1h1 hour ago

After participation in Canadian-led NATO ASW exercise #CutlassFury, HMS Northumberland will join HMS Dragon and RFA Tideforce working alongside HMS Queen Elizabeth on #Westlant19

https://www.forces.net/news/services/na ... operations
Little h
Little h

Shipping Movements
Portsmouth Harbour shipping movements Friday 30 August 2019

LW 05:09 0.6m, HW 12:05 4.8m, LW 17:33 0.7m, HW
115% Mean Springs
Sunrise 06:14, Sunset 19:55
Screenshot (4747).png

Source; QHM Portsmouth

and

NavyLookout on Twitter
@NavyLookout
1h1 hour ago

HMS Queen Elizabeth sails from Portsmouth tomorrow for major deployment to Canada and US. Passing Round Tower around 1220.

Full #westlant19 briefing article to be published tomorrow morning.
Little h
Little h

NavyLookout on Twiter
@NavyLookout
14m14 minutes ago

.@RFATideforce conducting boat transfer south of Plymouth Breakwater this afternoon. Heading to Solent before joining #Westlant19 deployment.

Via @RfaNostalgia

and

Shipping Movements
Portsmouth Harbour shipping movements Friday 30 August 2019

LW 05:09 0.6m, HW 12:05 4.8m, LW 17:33 0.7m, HW
115% Mean Springs
Sunrise 06:14, Sunset 19:55
Screenshot (4748).png
Little h
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

SOME MORE INFO RE Q.E.'s DEPARTURE ON FRIDAY FOR WESTLANT19

https://twitter.com/HMSQNLZ/status/1167073755853729793

The QE’s Captain, Cdre Steve Moorhouse confirmed by Tweet a few days ago on 20 Aug that the UK JLF F35B Lightnings joining the carrier soon before the trip across the Atlantic would be flown in by both 617 and 207 Sqn Pilots.

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard was live.
Join us from around 12.20pm tomorrow when we will be covering HMS Queen Elizabeth’s departure from Portsmouth Naval Base live from Warrior webcam.
www.historicdockyard.co.uk/webcam

Also - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/hms-que ... eeoU-2sJaM
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Royal Navy”