Want some off topic chat? Pull up a bar stool and make yourself at home here
DaveH

Re: About time to, this ship is victualed and stored

Unread post by DaveH »

Ee betta av warm ands mate :roll: ;)
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Well he should have I'm told he is a champion in his favourite sport "Pocket Billiards " :D

Hope you landed safely , but a tad worried as Jack has been conspicuous by his absence so far :evil:
The carrier has full medical services on board as well as dental technicians so perhaps we should seek their collective advice and have our backlog of medical "Problems" addressed ;)
Now there is a meeting later on today in the citadel to discuss any future war-game scenarios which may loom up as we proceed on this exercise , and meet up with our flotilla prior to proceeding to our eastern seaboard destination ;) ......
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
JackW1208

Unread post by JackW1208 »

Wud ya beleeeve it, air piracy I'z call it. :o

Destination, points east of, and 2 mig jetz insist, nay, demand that we follow them.
Location unknown, but the sea looked kinda blackish as we came into land.
Seems as if there's been a bit of argy, nay, ruskie bargy with some ones war canoe. :shock:
Fireworks were going off at one stage, what a welcome we had!!. 8-)

Entente cordianal (?) won thru, so me an the café crew are reporting onboard for further instruction M'lud.

After a tot or two naturally. :P

See that the radio shack is occupied, somethings burning :lol:

Yours aye,

Jack O'Bite
Raleigh Oct 65, Mercury 66, Gurkha 66-68, Vidal 68-69, Lewiston 69-72, Centurion (HQ Afnorth) Oslo 72-74, CTF345 74-75, Whitehall and Cincfleet for short stints. LRO(G).
ivorthediver

yes I heard that Rasputin sent some of his training craft over the puddle to see what real sailers looked like , so that they could take pictures to send over to the local no7 fryd rice port,... so that they could identify them correctly so that when they call in soon they didn't ram the Wong ship with their sea container Junks in the " mar lacquered straights "[God I'm Pekin up all your bad habits and Ive only had my covid jabs :o ]

Right show a leg and look lively or the Captain will have you on defaulters :roll:
JackW1208

Ah, so ying tong, wheny goin ?

Song, ying tong ying tong yiddle I doh, huh?

Hom?

WEN?

Ah, no 1, I ce no lickee !!

Ha ha. :?:

Jack O'Blitey.
:ugeek:
Raleigh Oct 65, Mercury 66, Gurkha 66-68, Vidal 68-69, Lewiston 69-72, Centurion (HQ Afnorth) Oslo 72-74, CTF345 74-75, Whitehall and Cincfleet for short stints. LRO(G).
ivorthediver

huh...... :?:

Right then hear this .....your covid tests show negative , and your orders have been posted so I request and require you officers to acquaint yourselves with the ships standing orders and read and inwardly digest your operational duties , as anything could happen in the next half hour :roll:

Should "el Tel's" boys receive information that could compromise the security of the fleet or her right to lawful passage at any point.... you are to await instructions from the Thirst Sea Lord , and if I am not available then the convoy Commodore should be appraised of the threat immediately and his orders implemented without hesitation , or your pockets will be sewn up immediately and any appendages removed, any your rations due forfeited :evil:

Now lets hope that the voyage proceeds with no undue delay and every crew member carries out their allotted tasks with due diligence in a swift and accurate manner whilst respecting their crew mates gender but not at the expense of the safety of the crew en-mass

Baring in mind that you are on board an aircraft Carrier where different duties are the norm and if you are unsure of what is required ..ASK your immediate superior Officer for guidance , and being in the vicinity of inflammable fumes and munitions over and above that which you have been used to being in the vicinity of remind yourself that you are a member of a team and should work for a common goal embraced in a womb of safety for each other and act accordingly .

Now on a different note I am, given to understand that the catering officer and crew have very kindly invited us to a welcoming party this evening to get to know the others and your line management in a more friendly environment then tomorrow we will begin as we are trained to do , not forgetting our allies on board who are operational with us during this commission , so remember you training and the tradition that forged our Navy , Firm but fair in all our dealings and with those we embrace as our allies ;)

Before you are dismissed I would just remind you of the gender neutrality which is now fully operational on this commission and I would point out that at least 35% of the crew across all the ranks are different to which some of the older hands may be used to serving
alongside and It is to them which I would remind those to set an example to those of the younger ranks ,.....furthermore this figure is enhanced amongst out friends in the USMC so be warned and be mindful of the potential for "misunderstandings " as it was mentioned to me that a young Jack the lad made inappropriate advances to a female USMC Aero mech and has not been seen since so be advised and be gender neutral :idea:
JackW1208

M'lud, the Chinese laundry/takeaway contingent of my party sent you (above) their good wishes knowing that they would be going close to home, one way or t'other.

We are settling in nicely on this luxurious cruise liner, mind you there is a load of cr*p to read, sorry, rules an regs to read aforehand, with a somewhat bumpy/noisy roof garden above our apartments. Motorized golf carts I should think/hope.

So, we have neutered gender persons onboard too, should be interesting. Do we carry a Vet too?

Going for a wander/looksee,
bye for now.

Jack not sure :shock:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Wardroom”