Happy New Year for 2023

Want some off topic chat? Pull up a bar stool and make yourself at home here
Pelican

Happy New Year for 2023

Unread post by Pelican »

HNY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
jbryce1437

Re: Happy New Year for 2023

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Wishing all of our members good health and prosperity in the year ahead.

Jim

happy new year hms_belfast.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

Wishing all forum members and their families a Happy New Year!!!
Little h
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Hwy , oo banged the Wardrobe door anwen did 2023 dawn . Looks like I bin ibernating in the Shak for a year or three . So tis a fond greeting to all the old stalwarts on ere and formerly on the old Forum . I trust noone has fallen of the perch altho I have read our old Skypilot "The Bish" had crossed tbe bar .
Well time to open the Shak , dust of the quipment , flash up the Lecktric Frypan ansee iffen I an still rustle up a Hammy eggy cheesey wiv or wivart der beetroot .

ANYONE HEARD FROM DON BOYER IN HAWAII THIS WEEK ???

DaveH aka El Tel or Ole Ch Tel
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

All present and correct shipmate , [ see previous post re Don , who is fine Dave ]....

Not sure where the ships company is at present El Tel as they all disappeared from ships muster , but still on watch and looking for replacement crew to guide through the Melaka strait's :?
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
jbryce1437

DaveH wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:46 pm Hwy , oo banged the Wardrobe door anwen did 2023 dawn . Looks like I bin ibernating in the Shak for a year or three . So tis a fond greeting to all the old stalwarts on ere and formerly on the old Forum . I trust noone has fallen of the perch altho I have read our old Skypilot "The Bish" had crossed tbe bar .
Well time to open the Shak , dust of the quipment , flash up the Lecktric Frypan ansee iffen I an still rustle up a Hammy eggy cheesey wiv or wivart der beetroot .

ANYONE HEARD FROM DON BOYER IN HAWAII THIS WEEK ???

DaveH aka El Tel or Ole Ch Tel
Welcome back Dave. Just flashed up the diesel genny to power the lecktric frypan as shore supply a bit iffy.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
Retired since 2002
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Nice to be back aboard Jim , last couple of years have been a bit annus horoblis on the El Tel homefront healthwise . Last July I was registered blind with "severe sight impairment" resulting from Glaucoma and the progression of Macular Degeneration which means the sight is getting worse and it is race now to see who wins . Luckily it is the Dry Variety which makes me excused boots for injections and treat with drops . Meanwhile will keep looking in and catching up altho it seems quite a few of the old gang are missing on leave or AWOL . The shak is always open an iffen yers smells der bacon awls well wiv der lectrics but I canna find Sekrit Squirrel :?

DaveH aka El Tel
jbryce1437

DaveH wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:04 am Nice to be back aboard Jim , last couple of years have been a bit annus horoblis on the El Tel homefront healthwise . Last July I was registered blind with "severe sight impairment" resulting from Glaucoma and the progression of Macular Degeneration which means the sight is getting worse and it is race now to see who wins . Luckily it is the Dry Variety which makes me excused boots for injections and treat with drops . Meanwhile will keep looking in and catching up altho it seems quite a few of the old gang are missing on leave or AWOL . The shak is always open an iffen yers smells der bacon awls well wiv der lectrics but I canna find Sekrit Squirrel :?

DaveH aka El Tel
Sorry to learn of your sight problem Dave and I hope that it does not worsen. Sekrit Squirrel drops in now and again but his attention is needed elsewhere and I hope it is not too long before he looks in again. Perhaps if he smells der bacon it might prompt him to look in.
Jim
Retired since 2002
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Wardroom”