Happy Birthday Thread

Want some off topic chat? Pull up a bar stool and make yourself at home here
Karen

Happy Birthday Thread

Unread post by Karen »

Happy birthday to my dear hubby Ivor, have a lovely day we will celebrate later with a few tots ;) 🎂🍾👏🏻
There’s Nothing A British Boy Cannot Do
jbryce1437

Re: Happy Birthday Thread

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Ivor and I hope you have a great day.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thank you both very much , and as the day progresses it gets better :D

It being Sunday I took station on the Lake on recovery of Club assets , from the denizens of the deep [ well very large Carp actually] and then came back to be whisked off to lunch by my good lady and then returned to coffee and cakes with neighbours .[ we had already had a party on Friday evening at which the Gin Pennant was hoisted ]

My dear wife has arranged a trip to Greenwich for three days on the 30th of this month as a birthday present , so sent a PM to Tim to obtain a list of best to visit places having never been there before , and I am now eagerly awaiting our visit with great enthusiasm .

Never seen the observatory or the Naval establishment there so that's been on the bucket list but would also like to visit the painted hall if thats possible regarding Karens Dad Chalky , TTL , and Tims / Charlottes work to pick up the threads of what went on down there .

No doubt there will be a few emotional interludes but hopefully happier moments to , so all psyched up for this "bucket list" item now :D
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IVOR
Little h
ivorthediver

Thanks me ole mucker , so pleased to see you back amongst your oppo's again , and clarifying those odd little inaccuracies that have a habit of appearing after ill informed research by some members .

Some may be at odds with a statement like that but one thing you could never be accused of is going off half cocked :roll:
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

I've had me tot but now I will Splice the Mainbrace ..... Happy Birthday old son , let Shoreham Girl spoil you rottent ..... cos we are wurf it :o :D :twisted:

DaeH
ivorthediver

If you were nearer Dave I would get you drunk tonight me ole mate .

My Darling woman who insisted on marrying me TWICEhad her chance to change her mind and exactly as a shoreham girl are famed so to do HAS spoilt me rotten today .....best girl in the world to me .

I've had so many bottles today we could remain p....d for a week [ purely on medical grounds you understand ] but thank you for your kind thoughts and give our love to Betty, and more important ...Take Care Of Yourself
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

ivorthediver wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:56 pm

My dear wife has arranged a trip to Greenwich for three days on the 30th of this month as a birthday present , so sent a PM to Tim to obtain a list of best to visit places having never been there before , and I am now eagerly awaiting our visit with great enthusiasm .

Never seen the observatory or the Naval establishment there so that's been on the bucket list but would also like to visit the painted hall if thats possible regarding Karens Dad Chalky , TTL , and Tims / Charlottes work to pick up the threads of what went on down there .

No doubt there will be a few emotional interludes but hopefully happier moments to , so all psyched up for this "bucket list" item now :D
Me neither Ivor but I was watching the weather forecast the other morning on BBC1 and it was presented from some castle at Greenwich and they were up in the tower, which had some great views of Canary Wharf and other sites from the elevated position.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
DonBoyer

Unread post by DonBoyer »

Happy Birthday my friend...I can see you've been having a good time of it from your post. Hoping you will be able to snatch some photos of the Greenwich area, never been there myself, of course, but would love to learn more about it.

Best Regards,
don
Don G. Boyer

"For a successful technology, reality has to take precedence over public relations, because nature cannot be fooled."(Richard Feynman)
ivorthediver

Well Gentlemen , I will endeavour to take a few with my trusty camera[ and not my iPhone this time] , and hopefully be able to upload them to our new berth here .

Once I'm back home I'll put them up for you all to see and see what you make of them all.

We have booked tickets to view the Cutty Sark along with afternoon tea aboard , and the museum of course and will try to get into the painted hall as advised earlier , so fingers crossed and decent weather and all will be well eh.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Wardroom”