Addition to Shore Bases

Introduce yourself!
Sadsac

Addition to Shore Bases

Unread post by Sadsac »

Hello all. especially `Old-Forum-Ship-Mates', among may I recall Jim / Dave / Pelican / Baltic Subs / ALL.
First may I suggest that in the `Shore Bases' Section of the Forum there be added `HMS DOLPHIN' - this was / is the `Home' of the Royal Navy Submarine Service, and,I feel, should have it's own `Section' as there will be many Posts devoted to the RNSM Service.
This would negate `filling-up' other Shore Base Sections.
MODS please note.

Sadsac
jbryce1437

Re: Addition to Shore Bases

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Your wish is my command. HMS Dolphin shore base added

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Sadsac

Unread post by Sadsac »

Many thanks for adding DOLPHIN Jim.
May I make another suggestion / comment - Suggest that a `war-time' Post be added in Submarines, say years 1913 to 1947 ??
This would give space for war-time inclusions so that later submarine inclusions do not `fill-up' discussion re `the war' !
Would add to `the Forums' but those that wish to participate in `war-talk' & gather info on such would not have to `wander-thro' later-boat chat / pics. Well that is what I would like - but supto you / Mods.
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

You should be able to create new topics within the HM Submarine section and I have started a Submarines at War one for you.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Sadsac

Unread post by Sadsac »

Thank you Jim. Have still not found how to make the Forum come up in `My Favourites'. The reason that I have not been so `active' in the Forum.
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Hi Jim [Sadsac]
Try making "lewin-of-greenwich-naval-history-forum.co.uk" a Bookmark on your browser home page . That is the way I open .
Nice to hear from you my friend .......am off to Tulipland for Xmas so may get up to see the Old Girl .
Best regards to you and yours and the boys on Elfin.

Dave H
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Introductions”